We regularly seek young people (12-25) to come and volunteer with us. This is usually on a part-time basis where they can contribute to the running and development of the service whilst learning new skills and developing their experience and confidence. We believe that if young people are given opportunities to grow and try new things, they will feel more prepared to enter the world of work. We put great value on the skills and ideas that they bring as well as make ourselves available to mentor and nurture a young person as they become part of the team for the time they are with us.
Youth Volunteer Opportunities may include:
- Helping to create and develop resources
- Helping with administration and office activities
- Organising and taking part in a youth steering group
- Enhancing our social media presence
- Assisting with publicity
- Assisting with bespoke workshops and presentations
- Supporting workshops and training events
We are keen to hear from young people who want to get involved with our work. Currently we are offering volunteer opportunities for:
- Support Listeners – (please note, only those who have a COSCA counselling Skills Certificate and are aged 18+ are eligible for this opportunity)
- Youth Volunteer(s) – (eligible for anyone between the age of 12-25)
- Work experience placements
As our service develops, so will the list of volunteer opportunities so keep your eyes peeled!
Alternatives Dundee Youth is registered as a “Youth Friendly Charter” organisation.
All volunteers under 25 will also receive their Saltire Award certificates.
An application process is in place to ensure that we can give the best opportunities tailored to the young person’s needs as well as the needs of the service.
If you are interested, have any questions or wish to apply, please contact Amanda Leitch at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 07594145618.