Who are we looking for?
- A creative and passionate young person, aged 15-25.
- Someone with direct experience of pregnancy (planned or unplanned), abortion and/ or miscarriage. OR Someone who can work confidentially, sensitively and free from judgement with those who have experienced these pregnancy related issues.
- A Group Leader who will be core in the running of the project, working closely with Alternatives staff as well as several group members.
What is the group about?
- The small group (up to 10 members) will kick-start an ongoing process of exploration and development of ways in which young voices can be heard in order to break the stigma of unexpected pregnancy, abortion and miscarriage and communicate what impact they may have on a young persons health and wellbeing.
- This group is NOT about promoting a political or ethical agenda.
The group will:
- Develop Alternatives Dundee Youth’s social media and website presence
- Create resources (from art to videos to poetry!) to give a voice to those who want to express the impact of miscarriage, unexpected pregnancy, and abortion on health and wellbeing on a young person
- Apply for funding to create youth friendly listening spaces and publicity events
Why should I join?
- Gain valuable transferable skills that appeal to employers
- Gain vital experience to be added to university/job applications
- Build confidence whilst working as part of a team
- Meet other young people with similar interests and backgrounds
- Influence a service that supports young people in Dundee
- Help make positive change to impact the community
When and how often will the group meet?
The group will meet monthly in Dundee. Specific dates and venues to be confirmed.
How do I get involved?
If you have any questions or want to chat about the group and becoming a member then please contact Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01382 221112 or 07594145618