Alternatives Dundee Youth is a Dundee Charity SC023483 linked to Alternatives. As a charity we believe in excellence in the governance of our service and this year have been awarded the Good Governance Award.
We are an innovative team responding to support a generation struggling with low self-esteem, isolation, self-harm, mental health issues, substance misuse and unhealthy relationships including exploitation.
Our team combines youth work with counselling skills, each member being trained to have a tailored approach to the individual issues that each young person is facing.
Our team are trained in;
- Affective listening and Counselling skills (COSCA certificate in counselling skills)
- Youth mentoring (XL Mentoring)
- Group intervention programs (licensed and trained by http://www.golddigger.co.uk)
- Using the creative process therapeutically (Rowan Consultancy, Perth)
- Pregnancy Choices and Post abortion support (In-house specialist training)
- Occupational Therapy and Counselling Psychology
- Safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Scottish Mental Health First Aid
- Keeping young people safe online
- Counselling skills Supervision
We are organisational companion members of COSCA and work is done in accordance with their ethics and code of practice. We are committed to the COSCA aim to be ‘a listening and caring society that values people’s wellbeing.’
We are also members of Youth Scotland.
All team members have completed our safer recruitment process, have and up to date PVG and are supervised.